View From a Height
Commentary from the Mile High City
Friday, May 09, 2003
I've been in Denver for 6 years now, and I've never been able to follow the city's politics very closely. But I did remember the name of one Councilman, Susan Barnes-Gelt, who's been wrong on just about everything I've ever seen her quoted on, from parking to taxes to the war (yes, the war) to off-lease areas for dogs. The only downside to term limits is that it deprived me of a chance to vote against her.


I can't tell whether this is sincere or just an ego-driven chance to meddle one last time, but she's endorsed one of the good guys, Ed Thomas, in the city Auditor's runoff on June 3. Thomas was one of 3 councilmen to vote against the asinine anti-war resolution. He's also been one of Barnes-Gelt's worst enemies on the council:


"I still disagree with Ed on practically everything and he's an ass, but he's not a bad person and you know where he stands on the issues," Barnes-Gelt said. "I've never gotten a straight answer from Gallagher on anything."



Blogarama - The Blog Directory
recent
archives
links
blogs
help Israel
axis of weevils
contact us
site sections
archives