View From a Height
Commentary from the Mile High City
Monday, February 03, 2003
We finally got some much-needed snow. Not everyone likes snow, but fortunately that doesn't incude either me or my dog. While I was out walking Sage the Underdog this morning, we walked through Crestmoor Park, a very large, very nice park with a fair amount of open space. The climate is so dry here that the snow was sublimating, that is, evaporating straight away, without melting first. The sun was low in the sky, fighting through the clouds, and this field of white was enveloped in mist. I felt as though I should start looking around for a hatless man in a topcoat wailing, "Catherine, Catherine."

Blogarama - The Blog Directory
recent
archives
links
blogs
help Israel
axis of weevils
contact us
site sections
archives