View From a Height
Commentary from the Mile High City
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Exercise 

I took one look at that picture with Hugh, and saw that I was the only one who looked like a NASCAR dad (not that there's anything wrong with that). Funny, because most NASCAR races are held on Saturday, so I'm also the only one in the picture who couldn't go to or watch the races.

So, pretty much every morning (excepting Saturdays, of course), I'm up early, and on the stationary bike we have downstairs. I've worked my way back up to 45 minutes, and the bike kindly keeps track of the distance I would have gone if the thing had a back wheel and it weren't in the basement. It also keeps track of calories.

Every morning, I wake up, convinced that I can't do better than yesterday, because I'm a little more sore, and it's a little further. And yet. The scales are starting to show some improvement, and this morning, walking across the parking lot, I actually felt good, a little lighter, like my knees weren't threatening to go find less demanding work.



Blogarama - The Blog Directory
recent
archives
links
blogs
help Israel
axis of weevils
contact us
site sections
archives